Breaking news - inappropriate mother and baby
Ok, I was going to send you all an email but maybe this will work, too. I had an encounter with an inappropriate mother today and although I can't see, for the moment, how to work it into my novel, I feel that those of you with mommy blogs can easily do so.
I was at an appointment and saw someone who used to work there, who I had seen once, well over a year ago, I guess. She was visiting with her baby who looked to be less than a year old. Maybe six months? Hard to say, and it doesn't really matter.
I was standing right beside her in a small space and said hi to her baby, who smiled back.
"Oh, such a happy baby!" I said.
"He loves women!" she said, smiling. Then she pointed at my chest and said, "Milk!" while motioning for her baby to look. Then her baby actually grabbed my breast and the mother laughed and said, "Boobies! That's why he loves women!" I sort of laughed, while trying to stop the child from removing my tank top.
"Do you want some milk?" she asked the baby, who just grabbed at me again. She laughed.
Meanwhile, I'm thinking to myself - what the fuck??? You just encourage your child to grab the chest of every person that walks by???
P.S. I did a google image search for 'deranged mommy blogger' (thank god that function had not been disabled!) and this picture of Erin Brockovich came up.
I was at an appointment and saw someone who used to work there, who I had seen once, well over a year ago, I guess. She was visiting with her baby who looked to be less than a year old. Maybe six months? Hard to say, and it doesn't really matter.
I was standing right beside her in a small space and said hi to her baby, who smiled back.
"Oh, such a happy baby!" I said.
"He loves women!" she said, smiling. Then she pointed at my chest and said, "Milk!" while motioning for her baby to look. Then her baby actually grabbed my breast and the mother laughed and said, "Boobies! That's why he loves women!" I sort of laughed, while trying to stop the child from removing my tank top.
"Do you want some milk?" she asked the baby, who just grabbed at me again. She laughed.
Meanwhile, I'm thinking to myself - what the fuck??? You just encourage your child to grab the chest of every person that walks by???
P.S. I did a google image search for 'deranged mommy blogger' (thank god that function had not been disabled!) and this picture of Erin Brockovich came up.

That is a truly amazing story, and it will be worked in in short order. What a deranged woman, as was Erin Brockovich, who had the audacity to fight for a cause when she was a single mother.
ReplyDeleteJesus Christ, that is so fucking disturbing. I don't think that I can incorporate it into my novel-- I don't want to acknowledge that it happened.
ReplyDelete"What the fuck" doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this.
Appalling. Glad to hear that the old Esmonde-polite-in-the-face-of-adversity held strong. I'm sure you were sorely tested.
ReplyDeleteI have already incorporated this tale into my novel.