Day 14: 26,089 words. The hunt is on!
Ok, I blew through a lot of boring plot points today, to get to the good stuff. Exactly how real novelists do it, right? Sometimes, I get so caught up in doing it all chronologically that I forget you can just skim and pick it up when it gets interesting again.
Ruby got a clue that Seth might - or might not - be in Mexico. Roux told hir not to go, so ze and Gordon cooked up a plan to get hir there! I'll give you just a brief excerpt of how that happened.
Just Fiddlin’ Around caught an early morning flight, and Ruby arranged to have breakfast with Roux after they had left. Ze hoped that would keep Roux away for the rest of the day, and ze mentioned that ze had planned to spend the entire next day working on the Hamlet essay. If ze could just get a couple of days head start, then ze would be on the yacht and approaching Mexico. Roux would never be able to catch up.
As soon as Roux left, Ruby jammed on some sunglasses and an oversized ball cap, grabbed hir messenger bag and took a roundabout route down to the valet area, where ze caught a cab to the airport. Ze had a ticket, purchased with Gordon’s parents’ credit card, and hir suitcase had been sent on with Gordon. Vampyres usually overpack, so no one would notice the difference. Ze was on hir way to Miami by the next flight out.
In closing, I would like to leave you with this little gem, taken from this article one of my friends linked to on facebook.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/reasons-why-boybands-were-better-in-the-90s
You can see JC clasping his hands in victory over the magnificence of their matching yellow shirts. Well played, Jace.
Ruby got a clue that Seth might - or might not - be in Mexico. Roux told hir not to go, so ze and Gordon cooked up a plan to get hir there! I'll give you just a brief excerpt of how that happened.
Just Fiddlin’ Around caught an early morning flight, and Ruby arranged to have breakfast with Roux after they had left. Ze hoped that would keep Roux away for the rest of the day, and ze mentioned that ze had planned to spend the entire next day working on the Hamlet essay. If ze could just get a couple of days head start, then ze would be on the yacht and approaching Mexico. Roux would never be able to catch up.
As soon as Roux left, Ruby jammed on some sunglasses and an oversized ball cap, grabbed hir messenger bag and took a roundabout route down to the valet area, where ze caught a cab to the airport. Ze had a ticket, purchased with Gordon’s parents’ credit card, and hir suitcase had been sent on with Gordon. Vampyres usually overpack, so no one would notice the difference. Ze was on hir way to Miami by the next flight out.
In closing, I would like to leave you with this little gem, taken from this article one of my friends linked to on facebook.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/reasons-why-boybands-were-better-in-the-90s
You can see JC clasping his hands in victory over the magnificence of their matching yellow shirts. Well played, Jace.

Well played, indeed. Those matching yellow shirts are awesome. Can't wait to read about their travels in Mexico!
ReplyDeleteI hope that Seth is alright! I'm glad that Gordon has turned out to be such an ally. I knew he had it in him!
ReplyDeleteAlso, the picture is amazing. It is hard to believe that JT was able to recover his career.
Can I just say the more I look at the picture the more I love it. I especially appreciate the way they are all leaning in the same direction... except JC (maybe that's the reason for the victory clasp?) but he manages to salvage it by leaning his head in the right direction.
ReplyDeleteHard to believe anyone (read: me) ever found any of these people attractive, isn't it?
I don't think that anyone ever thought that Chris Kirkpatrick was attractive.
ReplyDelete