FINISHED! 51, 298 words and such a sweet ending.

YAYAYAYAY!! I sat in the Kingston Public Library all afternoon working and noveling and finished just in time to go eat more Thai food and then head back to Toronto.

I love this novel. I think you will all like the end. But instead of posting the ending (go to my facebook if you want to see the very last sentence) I will post a segment that I think you will all enjoy. Thanks to all of you for inspiring my story-telling so much this month!


Hagrid kept me up to date on the inner workings of Just the T(wo) of Us, which had been in post-production for quite some time, but was due to premiere in another two months. I hadn’t even known what post-production was until he explained it to me. Hagrid was about to leave town for filming for Gordon’s next opus, entitled Just (the) Tw(o) of U.S., about two identical strangers who met and decided to swap lives. One was a cupcake baker and reality television star, and the other was a much-maligned sports reporter. Hilarity, and poignant social commentary, was sure to ensue. 

Hagrid had scored the role of Mick Tatum, and he was excited about the opportunity to showcase his abs and his shirtless dancing skills. The film would be shot on location in Montreal and Toronto, and he’d be gone for a couple of months.
 

Hagrid was one of YCBATE’s biggest supporters, and he had already sent a few high profile clients my way. We talked about whether or not I should talk to Gordon about my styling/anti-oppression services, and I had just decided that I wanted to grow my services locally, first.
 

“When I have a staff of twenty, I can take jobs all over the world!” I said happily. “Right now, it’s just me, and my Emilios need some rest.”
 

“I understand tha’,” said Hagrid. “It’s maybe a good thing. I didn’t tell you yet that Si’s been cast in an important role. Yer see, the film is actually a hard-hitting expose of a secret organization of hockey fans that exists in support of fighting. This secret cult calls itself ‘Five for Fighting’, and is often confused with the American singer-songwriter with the aforementioned stage name, despite the fact that those goons clearly couldn’t write a song as tender and insightful as ‘100 Years,’ or as pain-ridden as ‘Superman (It’s Not Easy),' even if given liberal access to 100 typewriters over the course of 100 years. Justin Bieber is widely believed to be not only a member, but the group’s choreographer, and Si landed the highly coveted role of Bieber. He’s in almost every scene of the movie.”
 

I nodded politely, hiding the fact that this news had shaken me to my very core, and enjoyed some baked beans and Jackie’s signature cocktail: oily, rancid coffee. 

Comments

  1. This comment is all I have time for: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! More to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My face was like this :D the entire time as I was reading this. Well. fucking. done.

    I can't wait to read this book.

    Also, is Jude Law hugging a homeless man in the last picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

    And loved Jude Law's jogging pants. I really hope that the elasticized jogging pant ankle is coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY is right! I was about to reply, Katie, that's Robert Downey Jr that Jude Law is hugging (!) but then I realized it was another pic you were referring to.
    Wow Indigo, I am very happy for you that you are finished, but I admit I am also seething with jealousy, as I really can't wait to be finished.
    I am very excited to read your book, and loved this except. I have a gormless grin plastered on my face every time I see the name Hagrid, and imagine him doing all of the things you describe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on, Katie, get with the program! That picture is obviously taken from the well known photo set:
    http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/o09b9jzifsE/Jude+Law+in+Primrose+Hill/-_5JPD4k8t7
    described as 'Jude Law is seen in Primrose Hill having a chat, hugging an old man and then buying a gift before walking off with the box.'

    Thanks, everyone! I'm so pleased about Hagrid scoring the role of Mick Tatum but even more so about Jude Law playing Justin Bieber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. Thank you for bringing my attention to that series of photos. This one was my favourite:

    http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Jude+s+man+love+UpZMBrbcfGsl.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Indigo! It's so happy for you that you finished your fifth novel and more importantly that you seem to have had a great time doing it! I'm so excited to read it and find out how this amazing love story ends!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment